Wednesday, December 06, 2006

New CategorIes for Blogs I Regularly Read

I have begun switching and adding blog categories on the right side of my blog.

Addition #1: Blogs About Lives of Conscious Simplification.

Addition #2: Contemplating BIG Changes.

From time to time I will add more based on relevance, quality of content and the reality that they have been "presented" to me and have earned a space in my mind.

The addition to #2 today is Dmitry Orlov's blog. His material is simply outstanding and I suspect I will be drawing from it in future posts.

Addendum: 12/9/05...by "presented to me" I mean that they seemed to come to my attention without any effort on my part. For some time now I have somewhat trained myself to pay attention to these, shall I say, events, or comings together of readiness and opportunity / information. Another such event was in the dream which I partly related in my first entry when I started this blog.

3 comments:

Tim Hodgens said...

Proxima,

I remember a conversation with my brother-in-law several years after he and my sister moved to the "northeast kingdom" area in Vermont for "the simple life."

I said: "I've heard the simple life ain't all that easy."

He said: "You've got that right."

We both laughed.

When I think about that now I ask myself if the "non-simple" life is any easier? I doubt that it is. It may have more comforts available and the perks may be bigger but they come at a cost because they steal more than they give.

The simplification part is about deliberately making choices. You say it well in the third paragraph of your comment.

The conscious part is necessary precisely because of what you say. It's needed to counteract the pull of all of the conditioning we have been exposed to and which pulls us back to automatic actions which perpetuate the life-style which people who move towards "a simple life" are rejecting.

The conscious part of it is a deliberate strategy to wake up by becoming aware of those "pulls." To me it's like becoming more aware when learning how to play ping pong. Deliberate attention helps but after the skills are learned then the mindfulness is hopefully just in the moment and perhaps brings with it an awareness of "being in the flow."

Tim Hodgens said...

Sigh...the powers of and the shortcomings of the internet.

I wonder how long it took for Einstein to write: E = M (C X C)?

Did it come in a burst of high intensity insight or was it back and forth with several leaps in between?

If a printer spits out the whole page on a line instead of a whole page it doesn't transmit what was intended. The ideas are there but the condensation loses the truth of it. I guess that's the art of writing and conversation. It doesn't mean that a person can't do some broken field running but the other person has to understand and follow what's going on or the communication is incomplete. It takes time to develop.

Unknown said...

I like your "presented" comment. There are so many gifts that are 'presented' to us each day if only we were aware.

Kristen at White Light of Peace